Section 111 Certificate of Occupancy
A building or structure shall not be used or occupied, and a change of occupancy of a building or structure or portion thereof shall not be made, until the building official has issued a certificate of occupancy therefor as provided herein. Issuance of a certificate of occupancy shall not be construed as an approval of a violation of the provisions of this code or of other ordinances of the jurisdiction.
After the building official inspects the building or structure and does not find violations of the provisions of this code or other laws that are enforced by the department of building safety, the building official shall issue a certificate of occupancy that contains the following:
- The building permit number.
- The address of the structure.
- The name and address of the owner or the owner's authorized agent.
- A description of that portion of the structure for which the certificate is issued.
- A statement that the described portion of the structure has been inspected for compliance with the requirements of this code for the occupancy and division of occupancy and the use for which the proposed occupancy is classified.
- The name of the building official.
- The edition of the code under which the permit was issued.
- The use and occupancy, in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 3.
- The type of construction as defined in Chapter 6.
- The design occupant load.
- If an automatic sprinkler system is provided, whether the sprinkler system is required.
- Any special stipulations and conditions of the building permit.