All such padded cells must be equipped with a tamper-resistant fire sprinkler as approved by the State Fire Marshal. All padding must be:
- Approved for use by the State Fire Marshal;
- Nonporous to facilitate cleaning;
- At least 1/2-inch (12.7 mm) thick;
- Of a unitary or laminated construction to prevent its destruction by teeth, hand tearing or small metal objects;
- Firmly bonded to all padded surfaces to prevent tearing or ripping; and
- Without any exposed seams susceptible to tearing or ripping.