Where cables are used, each cable shall be secured to the cabinet, panelboard, cutout box, or meter socket enclosure.
1. Each cable is fastened within 12 inches (305 mm), measured along the sheath, of the outer end of the raceway.
2. The raceway extends directly above the enclosure and does not penetrate a structural ceiling.
3. A fitting is provided on each end of the raceway to protect the cable(s) from abrasion and the fittings remain accessible after installation.
4. The raceway is sealed or plugged at the outer end using approved means so as to prevent access to the enclosure through the raceway.
5. The cable sheath is continuous through the raceway and extends into the enclosure beyond the fitting not less than 1/4 inch (6.4 mm).
6. The raceway is fastened at its outer end and at other points in accordance with Section E3802.1.
7. The allowable cable fill shall not exceed that permitted by Table E3907.8.A multiconductor cable having two or more conductors shall be treated as a single conductor for calculating the percentage of conduit fill area. For cables that have elliptical cross sections, the cross-sectional area calculation shall be based on the major diameter of the ellipse as a circle diameter.
PERCENT OF CROSS SECTION OF
CONDUIT AND TUBING FOR CONDUCTORS
|NUMBER OF |
|MAXIMUM PERCENT OF CONDUIT AND |
TUBING AREA FILLED BY CONDUCTORS