Section 1251 [CA] Veterinary Facilities
All premises where veterinary medicine, veterinary dentistry or veterinary surgery is being practiced, and all instruments, apparatus and apparel used in connection with those practices, shall be kept clean and sanitary at all times and shall conform to the standards of this section.
A veterinary facility where animals are housed shall contain the following:
- A reception room and office, or a combination of the two.
- An examination room separate from other areas of the facility and of sufficient size to accommodate the doctor, assistant, patient and client.
- A surgery room separate and distinct from all other rooms.
- 4.1. Separate compartments, one for each animal, maintained in a sanitary manner so as to assure comfort.
- 4.2. Facilities allowing for the effective separation of contagious and noncontagious cases.
Veterinary facilities shall maintain a sanitary environment to avoid sources and transmission of infection. This is to include the proper routine of disposal of waste materials and proper sterilization or sanitation of all equipment used in diagnosis or treatment.
Fire precautions shall meet the requirements of local and state fire prevention codes.