// CODE SNIPPET
1228.4.20 Built-In Furnishings
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Built-in furnishings in areas accessible to patients shall comply with the following requirements:
- Built-in furnishings with doors or drawers shall not be provided.
- Open shelves shall be fixed with tamper-resistant hardware.
- When provided, clothing rods or hooks shall be ligature resistant.
- The following are not permitted:
- Towel bars.
- Shower curtain rods.
- Lever handles, except where a specifically designed ligature-resistant lever handle is used.