Only one exit shall be required in buildings as described below:
For SI: 1 foot = 304.8 mm.
- Buildings described in Table 1019.2, provided that the building has not more than one level below the first story above grade plane.
- Buildings of Group R-3 occupancy.
- Single-level buildings with the occupied space at the level of exit discharge provided that the story or space complies with Section 1015.1 as a space with one means of egress.
|OCCUPANCY||MAXIMUM HEIGHT OF BUILDING ABOVE GRADE PLANE||MAXIMUM OCCUPANTS (OR DWELLING UNITS) PER FLOOR AND TRAVEL DISTANCE|
|A, Bd, Ee, F, M, U||1 Story||49 occupants and 75 feet travel distance|
|H-2, H-3||1 Story||3 occupants and 25 feet travel distance|
|H-4, H-5, I, R||1 Story||10 occupants and 75 feet travel distance|
|Sa||1 Story||29 occupants and 100 feet travel distance|
|Bb, F, M, Sa||2 Stories||30 occupants and 75 feet travel distance|
|R-2||2 Storiesc||4 dwelling units and 50 feet travel distance|
- For the required number of exits for open parking structures, see Section 1019.1.1.
- For the required number of exits for air traffic control towers, see Section 412.1.
- Buildings classified as Group R-2 equipped throughout with an automatic sprinkler system in accordance with Section 903.3.1.1 or 903.3.1.2 and provided with emergency escape and rescue openings in accordance with Section 1026 shall have a maximum height of three stories above grade plane.
- Buildings equipped throughout with an automatic sprinkler system in accordance with Section 903.3.1.1 with an occupancy in Group B shall have a maximum travel distance of 100 feet.
- Day care maximum occupant load is 10.