Exception: [SFM] Group B, S-2 and U occupancies having a floor area not exceeding 1,000 square feet, primarily constructed of noncombustible exterior walls with wood or steel roof framing, having a Class A roof assembly, with uses limited to the following or similar uses:
- California State Parks buildings of an accessory nature (restrooms).
- Safety roadside rest areas, (SRRA), public restrooms.
- Truck inspection facilities, (TIF), CHP office space and vehicle inspection bays.
- Sand/salt storage buildings, storage of sand and salt.
|AUTOMATIC SPRINKLER SYSTEM |
|MINIMUM FIRE FLOW |
(gallons per minute)
|FLOW DURATION |
|No automatic sprinkler system||Value in Table B105.1(2)||Duration in Table B105.1(2)|
|Section 903.3.1.1 of the California Fire Code||25% of the value in Table B105.1(2)a||Duration in Table B105.1(2) at the reduced flow rate|
|Section 903.3.1.2 of the California Fire Code||25% of the value in Table B105.1(2)b||Duration in Table B105.1(2) at the reduced flow rate|
For SI: 1 gallon per minute = 3.785 L/m.
- The reduced fire flow shall be not less than 1,000 gallons per minute.
- The reduced fire flow shall be not less than 1,500 gallons per minute.