// CODE SNIPPET
A-301.1.1 Building Permits
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
A building permit is required for the following activities:
- Construction or erection of a structure.
- Construction of an addition to a structure.
- Altering, modifying, repairing, or improving a structure.
- Demolishing, moving or removing a structure.
- Making a change of occupancy as defined in Section A-106.1 of this code.
- Installing, erecting, enlarging, removing, replacing, converting, repairing or altering any equipment which is regulated by the Building Code, Fuel Gas Code, Mechanical Code or Residential Code. This includes the installation of a boiler in a building with less than five (5) dwelling units.
- Installing any trailer, regardless of the method of support, including support on wheels or blocks. The provisions of this Title shall apply to a trailer in the same manner as if the trailer were a site-built structure.
- Clearing, grubbing or earth disturbance of any land in excess of 5,000 square feet. No building permit shall be issued unless an erosion control plan has been approved for the site pursuant to applicable state and local stormwater-management requirements.
- Construction in the right of way as required by Title 11 of the Philadelphia Code. The provisions of this Title 4 shall apply to the issuance of a building permit. No such permit shall be issued without the approval of the Streets Department.
Related Code Sections
A-301.1.1 Permits, Building Permits
A building permit is required for the following activities: Construction or erection of a structure. Construction of an addition ...
Philadelphia Administrative Code > 3 Permits > A-301 Application for Permit > A-301.1 Permits Required > A-301.1.1 Building Permits
A-305.2.1 Permits, Building Permits
Specific requirements for building permits include the items or data included in A-305.2.1.1 through A-305.2.1.6. Other requirements for building ...
Philadelphia Administrative Code > 3 Permits > A-305 Construction Documents > A-305.2 Contents > A-305.2.1 Building Permits
A-402.10.1 Inspections, Building Permits
Building permit inspections include the inspections of construction site and building location, footings and foundations, wood and steel framing ...
Philadelphia Administrative Code > 4 Inspections > A-402 Permit Inspections > A-402.10 Required Inspections > A-402.10.1 Building Permits