103.2.3 Building Department Certification Application
Application for certification of a municipal, township, or county building department shall be made on a form prescribed by the board of building standards and shall set forth:
- Copy of the law creating such a department.
- Copy of a resolution requesting certification of the building department to enforce the rules of the board.
- The proposed budget for the operation of such department.
- A chart showing the organization of the building department within the governmental body.
- Data reflecting the population and the size of the area to be served.
- The number of and board certifications held by staff to be employed by the building department.
- The names, addresses, and board certifications of persons, firms or corporations contracting to furnish work or services when such persons, firms, or corporations are under contract to furnish architectural, engineering, or inspection services to the municipal corporation, township, or county, and such authority is exercised pursuant to such contract.
- The names of other municipal corporations, townships, counties, or health districts contracting to furnish work or services when such other municipal corporation, township, county, or health district is under contract to furnish architectural or engineering services to the municipal corporation, township, or county, and such authority is exercised pursuant to such contract and when officers or employees of any other municipal corporation, township, county, or health district under contract to furnish inspection services to the municipal corporation, township, or county, when such authority is exercised pursuant to such contract.
- A copy of the ordinance or resolution authorizing a building department to enter into a contract with other municipalities, townships, counties, health districts, persons, firms or corporations to do their plan approval and inspections.
- A copy of the contract between the building department and other municipalities, townships, counties, health districts, persons, firms, or corporations to do their plan approval or inspections.
- The department within the municipality, township, or county which will be responsible for plumbing inspection, if not within the building department.
- The applicant may attach any other charts, maps, statistical data or other information which it determines may be beneficial to the board in considering the applications for certification.
- The board may allow amendments to applications prior to formal action. Requests for amendments to applications shall be made in writing and conform to all the other provisions of this rule.
- A procedure for plan approval and for performing inspections, a copy of the plan review application, and a copy of the department's approval stamp.
- The original and six copies of the documents, papers and charts required in paragraphs one to sixteen of this rule shall be filed with the board at least two weeks prior to a certification hearing. Copies may be reproduced; however, all such copies must be clear and legible.
- Signature of an authorized representative of the board of township trustees in townships, the board of county commissioners in counties, or the appropriate officials in municipalities.
Certification process. The board shall hold a hearing to take action on the application. The applicant may be present at the hearing to respond to any questions from the board and all interested persons appearing at such hearing may be given an opportunity to comment.