An intersystem bonding termination (IBT) for connecting intersystem bonding conductors shall be provided external to enclosures at the service equipment or metering equipment enclosure and at the disconnecting means for any additional buildings or structures. An IBT shall comply with all of the following:
- It shall be accessible for connection and inspection.
- It shall consist of a set of terminals with the capacity for connection of not less than three intersystem bonding conductors.
- It shall not interfere with opening of the enclosure for a service, building or structure disconnecting means, or metering equipment.
- Where located at the service equipment, it shall be securely mounted and electrically connected to an enclosure for the service equipment, to the meter enclosure, or to an exposed nonflexible metallic service raceway, or shall be mounted at one of these enclosures and connected to the enclosure or to the grounding electrode conductor with a 6 AWG or larger copper conductor.
- Where located at the disconnecting means for a building or structure, it shall be securely mounted and electrically connected to the metallic enclosure for the building or structure disconnecting means, or shall be mounted at the disconnecting means and connected to the metallic enclosure or to the grounding electrode conductor with a 6 AWG or larger copper conductor.
- It shall be listed as grounding and bonding equipment. [250.94(A)]
Exception: Means for connecting intersystem bonding conductors are not required where communications systems are not likely to be used.
An aluminum or copper busbar not less than 1/4 inch thick by 2 inches wide (6.4 mm by 51 mm) and of sufficient length to accommodate not fewer than three terminations for communications systems in addition to other connections shall be provided. The busbar shall be securely fastened and shall be installed in an accessible location. Connections shall be made by a listed connector. Where aluminum busbars are used, the installation shall comply with Section E3610.2.
Exception: Means for connecting intersystem bonding conductors are not required where communications systems are not likely to be used. [250.94(B)]