// CODE SNIPPET
A-802.2.3 Board of Safety and Fire Prevention
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The Fire Commissioner is authorized to grant an extension of time or a variance from the requirements of the Fire Code upon the written recommendation of a majority of the Board of Safety and Fire Prevention.
Recommendation for an extension of time or a variance from the Fire Code by the Board of Safety and Fire Prevention shall be made upon written petition by, or on behalf of, the owner where there is a finding that:
- The variance will fulfill the intent of the code; and
- Literal enforcement will result in unique and unnecessary hardship or extraordinary conditions make literal compliance impractical; and
- The variance will not be an unreasonable deviation from the requirements of the code; and
- In the case of buildings designated as historic pursuant to Chapter 14-1000 of The Philadelphia Code or listed in the National Register of Historic Places, where strict compliance with a provision of this Title would interfere with the historic character of the property, the variance does not constitute a material life safety hazard; and
- In the case of a request for an extension of time, efforts are being made to come into compliance as quickly as possible.
Related Code Sections
A-802.2.3 Appeals and Variances, Board of Safety and Fire Prevention
recommendation of a majority of the Board of Safety and Fire Prevention ...
Philadelphia Administrative Code > 8 Appeals and Variances > A-802 Technical Boards > A-802.2 Variances > A-802.2.3 Board of Safety and Fire Prevention
A-904.6 Fees, Miscellaneous Fees
The fees for services established by, or related to enforcement of the Fire Code shall be as follows: Appeal to the Board of Safety and Fire ...
A-203.3 Enforcement Authority, Alternative Materials and Equipment
an alternative material, design or method of construction upon favorable recommendation of the Board of Building Standards (Board of Safety and Fire ...
Philadelphia Administrative Code > 2 Enforcement Authority > A-203 Approval > A-203.3 Alternative Materials and Equipment
Section A-203 Enforcement Authority, Approval
of Building Standards (Board of Safety and Fire Prevention for matters exclusive to the Fire Code) when he or she finds that the proposed design ...
311.2.1 General Requirements, Security
Exterior and interior openings open to other tenants or unauthorized persons shall be boarded, locked, blocked or otherwise protected to prevent ...
2018 Philadelphia Fire Code > 3 General Requirements > 311 Vacant Premises > 311.2 Safeguarding Vacant Premises > 311.2.1 Security