// CODE SNIPPET
22.214.171.124.4* Battery Storage
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Where due to size and weight the removal of batteries for storage or charging is impractical, batteries shall be permitted to remain onboard provided the following conditions are met:
- The battery compartment is arranged to provide adequate ventilation.
- A listed battery charger is used to provide a suitable charge.
- The power connection to the charger consists of a three-wire cord of not less than No. 14 AWG conductors connected to a source of 110 V to 125 V single-phase current, with a control switch and approved circuit protection device designed to trip at not more than 125 percent of the rated amperage of the charger.
- There is no connection on the load side of the charger to any other device except the battery, and the boat battery switch is turned off.
- The battery is properly connected to the charger, and the grounding conductor effectively grounds the charger enclosure.
- Unattended battery chargers are checked at intervals not exceeding 8 hours while in operation.
Related Code Sections
126.96.36.199.4* Marinas, Boatyards, Marine Terminals, Piers, and Wharves, Battery Storage
Where due to size and weight the removal of batteries for storage or charging is impractical, batteries shall be permitted to remain onboard provided ...
Fire Code 2018 of West Virginia > 28 Marinas, Boatyards, Marine Terminals, Piers, and Wharves > 28.1 Marinas, Boatyards, and Other Recreational Marine Facilities > 28.1.3 Berthing and Storage > 188.8.131.52 Dry Storage > 184.108.40.206.4* Battery Storage
Article 480 Equipment for General Use, Storage Batteries
This article applies to all stationary installations of storage batteries. Informational Note: The following standards are frequently referenced ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of West Virginia > 4 Equipment for General Use > 480 Storage Batteries
(H) Special Equipment, Storage Batteries
Installation of storage batteries shall comply with Article 480. Exception: Batteries that are part of listed and labeled equipment and installed ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of West Virginia > 6 Special Equipment > 646 Modular Data Centers > 646.3 Other Articles > (H) Storage Batteries
(C) Special Equipment, Storage Batteries
Storage batteries for fire pump engine drives shall be supported above the floor, secured against displacement, and located where ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of West Virginia > 6 Special Equipment > 695 Fire Pumps > 695.12 Equipment Location > (C) Storage Batteries
(A) Special Conditions, Storage Battery
Storage batteries shall be of suitable rating and capacity to supply and maintain the total load for a minimum period of 1 1 / 2 hours, without ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of West Virginia > 7 Special Conditions > 700 Emergency Systems > 700.12 General Requirements > (A) Storage Battery