1705A.3.3 Batch Plant Inspection
- The concrete plant complies fully with the requirements of ASTM C94, Sections 9 and 10, and has a current certificate from the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association or another agency acceptable to the enforcement agency. The certification shall indicate that the plant has automatic batching and recording capabilities.
- For single-story light-framed construction (without basement or retaining walls higher than 6' in height measured from bottom of footing to top of wall) and isolated foundations supporting equipment only, where deep foundation elements are not used.
When continuous batch plant inspection is waived, the following requirements shall apply and shall be described in the construction documents:
- An approved agency shall check the first batch at the start of the day to verify materials and proportions conform to the approved mix design.
- A licensed weighmaster shall positively identify quantity of materials and certify each load by a batch ticket.
- Batch tickets, including material quantities and weights shall accompany the load, shall be transmitted to the inspector of record by the truck driver with load identified thereon. The load shall not be placed without a batch ticket identifying the mix. The inspector of record shall keep a daily record of placements, identifying each truck, its load, and time of receipt at the jobsite, and approximate location of deposit in the structure and shall maintain a copy of the daily record as required by the enforcement agency.
Batch plant inspection is not required for any of the following conditions, provided they are identified on the approved construction documents and the licensed weighmaster and batch ticket requirements of Section 1705A.3.3.1 are implemented: