// CODE SNIPPET
[BS] 3306.6 Barrier Design
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- Barriers shall be provided with 2-inch by 4-inch (51 mm by 102 mm) top and bottom plates.
- The barrier material shall be boards not less than 3/4-inch (19.1 mm) thick or wood structural panels not less than 1/4-inch (6.4 mm) thick.
- Wood structural use panels shall be bonded with an adhesive identical to that for exterior wood structural use panels.
- Wood structural use panels 1/4 inch (6.4 mm) or 5/16 inch (23.8 mm) in thickness shall have studs spaced not more than 2 feet (610 mm) on center.
- Wood structural use panels 3/8 inch (9.5 mm) or 1/2 inch (12.7 mm) in thickness shall have studs spaced not more than 4 feet (1219 mm) on center provided that a 2-inch by 4-inch (51 mm by 102 mm) stiffener is placed horizontally at mid-height where the stud spacing is greater than 2 feet (610 mm) on center.
- Wood structural use panels 5/8 inch (15.9 mm) or thicker shall not span over 8 feet (2438 mm).
Related Code Sections
1501.6.4.1 Construction Safeguards, Barrier Design
Barriers shall be designed to resist loads required in Chapter 16 of the International Building Code unless constructed as follows: Barriers ...
Existing Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 15 Construction Safeguards > 1501 General > 1501.6 Protection of Pedestrians > 1501.6.4 Barriers > 1501.6.4.1 Barrier Design
3306.6 Safeguards During Construction, Barrier Design
Barriers shall be designed to resist loads required in Chapter 16 unless constructed as follows: Barriers shall be provided with 2-inch by 4-inch ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 33 Safeguards During Construction > 3306 Protection of Pedestrians > 3306.6 Barrier Design
188.8.131.52.1 Building Envelope, Continuous Air Barrier Design
The continuous air barrier shall be designed and noted in the following manner: All air barrier components of each building envelope assembly ...
Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings 2016 of Illinois > 5 Building Envelope > 5.4 Mandatory Provisions > 5.4.3 Air Leakage > 184.108.40.206 Continuous Air Barrier > 220.127.116.11.1 Continuous Air Barrier Design
18.104.22.168 Building Envelope, Air Leakage Verification
Air leakage verification shall be determined in accordance with one of the following methods: An air barrier design and installation verification ...
Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings 2016 of Illinois > 5 Building Envelope > 5.9 Inspection and Verification > 5.9.2 Verification > 22.214.171.124 Air Leakage Verification