// CODE SNIPPET
[BS] 3306.6 Barrier Design
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- Barriers shall be provided with 2-inch by 4-inch (51 mm by 102 mm) top and bottom plates.
- The barrier material shall be boards not less than 3/4-inch (19.1 mm) thick or wood structural panels not less than 1/4-inch (6.4 mm) thick.
- Wood structural use panels shall be bonded with an adhesive identical to that for exterior wood structural use panels.
- Wood structural use panels 1/4 inch (6.4 mm) or 5/16 inch (23.8 mm) in thickness shall have studs spaced not more than 2 feet (610 mm) on center.
- Wood structural use panels 3/8 inch (9.5 mm) or 1/2 inch (12.7 mm) in thickness shall have studs spaced not more than 4 feet (1219 mm) on center provided that a 2-inch by 4-inch (51 mm by 102 mm) stiffener is placed horizontally at mid-height where the stud spacing is greater than 2 feet (610 mm) on center.
- Wood structural use panels 5/8 inch (15.9 mm) or thicker shall not span over 8 feet (2438 mm).
Related Code Sections
1501.6.4.1 Construction Safeguards, Barrier Design
Barriers shall be designed to resist loads required in Chapter 16 of the International Building Code unless constructed as follows: Barriers ...
2018 Philadelphia Existing Building Code > 15 Construction Safeguards > 1501 General > 1501.6 Protection of Pedestrians > 1501.6.4 Barriers > 1501.6.4.1 Barrier Design
3306.6 Safeguards During Construction, Barrier Design
Barriers shall be designed to resist loads required in Chapter 16 unless constructed as follows: Barriers shall be provided with 2-inch by 4-inch ...
2018 Philadelphia Building Code > 33 Safeguards During Construction > 3306 Protection of Pedestrians > 3306.6 Barrier Design
1607.9 Structural Design, Vehicle Barriers
Vehicle barriers for passenger vehicles shall be designed to resist a concentrated load of 6,000 pounds (26.70 kN) in accordance with Section 4.5.3 ...
R318.3 Building Planning, Barriers
Approved physical barriers, such as metal or plastic sheeting or collars specifically designed for termite prevention, shall be installed ...
2018 Philadelphia Residential Code > 3 Building Planning > R318 Protection Against Subterranean Termites > R318.3 Barriers