// CODE SNIPPET
3105.3 Awnings and Canopy Materials
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- The fire propagation performance criteria of Test Method 1 or Test Method 2, as appropriate, of NFPA 701.
- Has a flame spread index not greater than 25 when tested in accordance with ASTM E84 or UL 723.
- 3.1. During the 40 kW exposure, flames shall not spread to the ceiling.
- 3.2. Flashover, as defined in NFPA 286, shall not occur.
- 3.3. The flame shall not spread to the outer extremity of the sample on any wall or ceiling.
- 3.4. The peak heat release rate throughout the test shall not exceed 800 kW.
Related Code Sections
3105.3 Special Construction, Awnings and Canopy Materials
Awnings and canopies shall be provided with an approved covering that complies with one of the following: The fire propagation performance ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 31 Special Construction > 3105 Awnings and Canopies > 3105.3 Awnings and Canopy Materials
1607.13.4 Structural Design, Awnings and Canopies
Awnings and canopies shall be designed for uniform live loads as required in Table 1607.1 as well as for snow loads and wind loads as specified ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 16 Structural Design > 1607 Live Loads > 1607.13 Roof Loads > 1607.13.4 Awnings and Canopies
3202.3.1 Encroachments Into the Public Right-Of-Way, Awnings, Canopies, Marquees and Signs
Awnings , canopies , marquees and signs shall be constructed so as to support applicable loads as specified in Chapter 16. Awnings , canopies ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 32 Encroachments Into the Public Right-Of-Way > 3202 Encroachments > 3202.3 Encroachments 8 Feet or More Above Grade > 3202.3.1 Awnings, Canopies, Marquees and Signs
406.7.2 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Occupancy and Use, Canopies
element in the vehicle drive-through area. Canopies and their supports over pumps shall be of noncombustible materials, fire-retardant-treated wood ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 4 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Occupancy and Use > 406 Motor-Vehicle-Related Occupancies > 406.7 Motor Fuel-Dispensing Facilities > 406.7.2 Canopies
2606.10 Plastic, Awnings, Patio Covers and Similar Structures
Awnings constructed of light-transmitting plastics shall be constructed in accordance with the provisions specified in Section 3105 and Chapter 32 ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 26 Plastic > 2606 Light-Transmitting Plastics > 2606.10 Awnings, Patio Covers and Similar Structures