(6) 120.6 Award of Grant Funds
In determining which eligible recipients will receive awards, the state fire marshal shall consider:
1. The population protected by the eligible recipient;
2. The size of the area for which the eligible recipient provides fire protection;
3. The operating budget of the eligible recipient from both public and private sources;
4. The intended use of the grant funds by the eligible recipient;
5. The number of fires occurring within the area protected by the eligible recipient as evidenced by reports filed with the state fire marshal under section 3737.24 of the Revised Code;
6. The amount of money being requested by the eligible recipient; and
7. Additional factors which the state fire marshal determines necessary to assist in determining which eligible recipient should receive a grant.
The state fire marshal may award equipment grants to eligible recipients under this rule for any of the following purposes:
(a) The acquisition of firefighting or rescue equipment, gear or similar items; or
(b) For other fire department needs related to the provision of fire protection services.
(a) The state fire marshal may award training grants to eligible recipients under this rule for any of the following purposes:
(i) Reimbursement of the costs of certified firefighter training programs for individual firefighters, including instructional and administrative costs and the cost of training manuals, workbooks and other similar items.
(ii) Reimbursement of the cost of in service or advanced training courses provided by the Ohio fire academy, including, "Fire Officer 1," "Fire Officer 2," "Emergency Vehicle Operations," "Structural Fire Attack 101," "Training in Acquired Structures" and "Understanding Fire Behavior."
(b) The state fire marshal shall, for each fiscal year, set forth the specific trainings and classes for which grants can be awarded under this paragraph, the maximum grant amounts to be awarded for such classes and types of documentation to be submitted to verify eligibility for reimbursement.
(c) Expenses for travel, food and lodging are not eligible for reimbursement under this paragraph.