97-56 Authorization for Access to Permitted Parking Facilities or Loading Berths
The City Planning Commission may authorize curb cuts for the following parking facility or loading berths:
(a) If access to a permitted accessory residential or public parking facility is not possible due to the requirements of Section 97-53, the Commission may authorize curb cuts for such uses, provided such curb cuts:
(1) will not create or contribute to serious traffic congestion or unduly inhibit vehicular and pedestrian movement; and
(2) will not interfere with the efficient functioning of public transit facilities.
(b) If access to a permitted loading berth is not possible due to the requirements of Section 97-53, the Commission may authorize curb cuts for such use, provided:
(1) such loading berths are adjacent to a fully enclosed maneuvering area on the zoning lot;
(2) such maneuvering area is at least equal in size to the area of the loading berth; and
(3) there is adequate space to permit head-in and head-out truck movements to and from the zoning lot.
Such curb cut, if granted, shall be no greater than 20 feet in width.
The Commission may refer such matter to the Department of Transportation, or its successor, for a report and may base the determination on such report.
Applications for authorizations shall be referred to the affected Community Board for a period of at least 30 days for comment. The Commission shall grant in whole or in part or deny the application within 60 days of the completion of the Community Board review period.