Section 303 Assembly Group A
The following rooms and spaces shall not be classified as Assembly occupancies:
- A room or space used for assembly purposes with an occupant load of less than 50 persons and accessory to another occupancy shall be classified as a Group B occupancy or as part of that occupancy.
- A room or space used for assembly purposes that is less than 750 square feet (70 m2) in area and accessory to another occupancy shall be classified as a Group B occupancy or as part of that occupancy.
Group A-1 occupancy includes assembly uses, usually with fixed seating, intended for the production and viewing of the performing arts or motion pictures including, but not limited to:
- Motion picture theaters
- Symphony and concert halls
- Television and radio studios admitting an audience
Group A-3 occupancy includes assembly uses intended for worship, recreation or amusement and other assembly uses not classified elsewhere in Group A including, but not limited to:
- Amusement arcades
- Art galleries
- Bowling alleys
- Community halls
- Dance halls (not including food or drink consumption)
- Exhibition halls
- Funeral parlors
- Greenhouses for the conservation and exhibition of plants that provide public access.
- Gymnasiums (without spectator seating)
- Indoor swimming pools (without spectator seating)
- Indoor tennis courts (without spectator seating)
- Lecture halls
- Places of religious worship
- Pool and billiard parlors
- Waiting areas in transportation terminals