Article 320 Armored Cable: Type AC
- For feeders and branch circuits in both exposed and concealed installations
- In cable trays
- In dry locations
- Embedded in plaster finish on brick or other masonry, except in damp or wet locations
- To be run or fished in the air voids of masonry block or tile walls where such walls are not exposed or subject to excessive moisture or dampness
Informational Note: The "Uses Permitted" is not an all-inclusive list.
Horizontal runs of Type AC cable installed in wooden or metal framing members or similar supporting means shall be considered supported and secured where such support does not exceed 1.4 m (41/2 ft) intervals.
- Is fished between access points through concealed spaces in finished buildings or structures and supporting is impracticable
- Is not more than 600 mm (2 ft) in length at terminals where flexibility is necessary
- Is not more than 1.8 m (6 ft) in length from the last point of cable support to the point of connection to a luminaire(s) or other electrical equipment and the cable and point of connection are within an accessible ceiling
For the purposes of this section, Type AC cable fittings shall be permitted as a means of cable support.
Where more than two Type AC cables containing two or more current-carrying conductors in each cable are installed in contact with thermal insulation, caulk, or sealing foam without maintaining spacing between cables, the ampacity of each conductor shall be adjusted in accordance with Table 310.15(C)(1).