Each area enclosed by ceiling-height partitions shall have an independent switching or control device. This switching or control device shall be:
- Readily accessible; and
- Located so that a person using the device can see the lights or area controlled by that switch or so that the area being lit is annunciated; and
- Manually operated or automatically controlled by an occupant-sensor that meets the applicable requirements of Section A5.209.1.
Other devices may be installed in conjunction with the switching or control device provided that they:
- Permit the switching or control device to manually turn the lights off in each area enclosed by ceiling-height partitions; and
- Reset the mode of any automatic system to normal operation without further action.
Exception 1 to Section A22.214.171.124: Up to 0.3 watts per square foot of lighting in any area within a building that must be continuously illuminated for reasons of building security or emergency egress, if:
- The area is designated a security or emergency egress area on the plans and specifications submitted to the enforcement agency under Section 10-103(a)2 of Title 24, Part 1; and
- The security or egress lighting is controlled by switches accessible only to authorized personnel.
Exception 2 to Section A126.96.36.199: Public areas with switches that are accessible only to authorized personnel.