- The component weighs 400 lb (1,780 N) or less and has a center of mass located 4 ft (1.22 m) or less above the supporting structure; or
- The component weighs 20 lb (89 N) or less or, in the case of a distributed system, 5 lb/ft (73 N/m) or less.
New buildings for which an application for a building permit is submitted on or after July 1, 2008 located in any Fire Hazard Severity Zone or Wildland Interface Fire Area shall comply with all sections of this chapter, including all of the following areas:
- 1.1. Moderate Fire Hazard Severity Zones
- 1.2. High Fire Hazard Severity Zones
- 1.3. Very-High Fire Hazard Severity Zones
- Land designated as Very-High Fire Hazard Severity Zone by cities and other local agencies.