A5.303.3 Appliances and Fixtures for Commercial Application
Appliances and fixtures shall meet the following:
- Clothes washers shall have a maximum Water Factor (WF) that will reduce the use of water by 10 percent below the California Energy Commissions' WF standards for commercial clothes washers located in Title 20 of the California Code of Regulations.
- Ice makers shall be air cooled.
- Food steamers shall be connectionless or boilerless — and shall consume no more than 2 gallons of water per pan per hour, including condensate water, for batch type steamers, and no more than 5 gallons of water per pan per hour, including condensate water, for cook to order steamers.
- The use and installation of water softeners that discharge to the community sewer system may be limited or prohibited by local agencies if certain conditions are met.
- Combination ovens shall use a maximum of 1.5 gallons of water per hour per pan, including condensate water.
- Be capable of cleaning 60 plates in an average time of not more than 30 seconds per plate.
- Be equipped with an integral automatic shutoff.
- Operate at static pressure of at least 30 psi (207 kPa) when designed for a flow rate of 1.3 gpm (0.08 L/s) or less.
COMMERCIAL DISHWASHER WATER USE
|TYPE||HIGH-TEMPERATURE— MAXIMUM GALLONS PER RACK||LOW-TEMPERATURE— MAXIMUM GALLONS PER RACK|
|Single Tank Conveyor||0.70 (2.6 L)||≤ 0.79 (3 L)|
|Multiple Tank Conveyor||≤ 0.54 (2 L)||≤ 0.54 (2 L)|
|Stationary Single Tank Door||≤ 0.89 (3.4 L)||≤ 1.18 (4.5 L)|
|Under Counter||≤ 0.86 (3.3 L)||≤ 1.19 (4.5 L)|
|Pot, Pan, and Utensil||≤ 0.58 GPSF||≤ 0.58 GPSF|
|Single Tank Flight Type||GPH ≤ 2.975x + 55.00||GPH ≤ 2.975x + 55.00|
|Multiple Tank Flight Type||GPH ≤ 4.96x + 17.00||GPH ≤ 4.96x + 17.00|
Note: GPSF = gallons per square foot of rack; GPH = gallons per hour;
X = square feet of conveyor belt/minute (max conveyor speed sf/min as tested and certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 3)