Section 411 (IFGC) Appliance and Manufacturedhome Connections
- Rigid metallic pipe and fittings.
- Corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) where installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Semirigid metallic tubing and metallic fittings. Lengths shall not exceed 6 feet (1829 mm) and shall be located entirely in the same room as the appliance. Semirigid metallic tubing shall not enter a motor-operated appliance through an unprotected knockout opening.
- Listed and labeled appliance connectors in compliance with ANSI Z21.24 and installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions and located entirely in the same room as the appliance.
- Listed and labeled quick-disconnect devices used in conjunction with listed and labeled appliance connectors.
- Listed and labeled convenience outlets used in conjunction with listed and labeled appliance connectors.
- Listed and labeled outdoor appliance connectors in compliance with ANSI Z21.75/CSA 6.27 and installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
Connectors shall have an overall length not to exceed 6 feet (1829 mm). Measurement shall be made along the centerline of the connector. Only one connector shall be used for each appliance.
Exception: Rigid metallic piping used to connect an appliance to the piping system shall be permitted to have a total length greater than 6 feet (1829 mm), provided that the connecting pipe is sized as part of the piping system in accordance with Section 402 and the location of the appliance shutoff valve complies with Section 409.5.
Connectors shall not be concealed within, or extended through, walls, floors, partitions, ceilings or appliance housings.
- Connectors constructed of materials allowed for piping systems in accordance with Section 403 shall be permitted to pass through walls, floors, partitions and ceilings where installed in accordance with Section 409.5.2 or 409.5.3.
- Rigid steel pipe connectors shall be permitted to extend through openings in appliance housings.
- Fireplace inserts that are factory equipped with grommets, sleeves or other means of protection in accordance with the listing of the appliance.
- Semirigid tubing and listed connectors shall be permitted to extend through an opening in an appliance housing, cabinet or casing where the tubing or connector is protected against damage.
Manufactured homes shall be connected to the distribution piping system by one of the following materials: