// CODE SNIPPET
Subpart X App A - Ladders
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
This appendix serves as a non-mandatory guideline to assist employers in complying with the ladder loading and strength requirements of § 1926.1053(a)(1). A ladder designed and built in accordance with the applicable national consensus standards, as set forth below, will be considered to meet the requirements of § 1926.1053(a)(1):
- Manufactured portable wood ladders: American National Standards Institute (ANSI) A14.1-1982 - American National Standard for Ladders-Portable Wood-Safety Requirements.
- Manufactured portable metal ladders: ANSI A14.2-1982 - American National Standard for Ladders - Portable Metal-Safety Requirements.
- Manufactured fixed ladders: ANSI A14.3-1984 - American National Standard for Ladders-Fixed-Safety Requirements.
- Job-made ladders: ANSI A14.4-1979 - Safety Requirements for Job-Made Ladders.
- Plastic ladders: ANSI A14.5-1982 - American National Standard for Ladders-Portable Reinforced Plastic-Safety Requirements.
[55 FR 46791, Nov. 14, 1990]
Related Code Sections
Subpart X Stairways and Ladders, App A - Ladders
(a)(1). A ladder designed and built in accordance with the applicable national consensus standards, as set forth below, will be considered to meet ...
Subpart L Scaffolds, App A - Scaffold Specifications
and constructed in accordance with the capacity requirements of § 1926.451(a), and loaded in accordance with § 1926.451(d)(1). Index to appendix A ...
Subpart V Electric Power Transmission and Distribution, App A - [Reserved]
[79 FR 20717, July 10, 2014 ...
Subpart P Excavations, App A - Soil Classification
of Stable Rock, Type A, Type B, and Type C, in decreasing order of stability. The categories are determined based on an analysis of the properties ...
Subpart S Underground Construction, Caissons, Cofferdams, and Compressed Air, App A - Decompression Tables
Explanation . The decompression tables are computed for working chamber pressures from 0 to 14 pounds, and from 14 to 50 pounds per square inch ...
OSHA 1926 Construction > S Underground Construction, Caissons, Cofferdams, and Compressed Air > S App A - Decompression Tables