// CODE SNIPPET
1184.108.40.206 Analysis Approval
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The fire code official is authorized to approve the hazardous mitigation analysis provided that the hazard mitigation analysis demonstrates all of the following:
- Fires or explosions will be contained within unoccupied battery storage rooms for the minimum duration of the fire-resistance-rated walls identified in Table 509.1 of the International Building Code.
- Fires and explosions in battery cabinets in occupied work centers will be detected in time to allow occupants within the room to evacuate safely.
- Toxic and highly toxic gases released during fires and other fault conditions shall not reach concentrations in excess of Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health (IDLH) levels in the building or adjacent means of egress routes during the time deemed necessary to evacuate from that area.
- Flammable gases released from batteries during charging, discharging and normal operation shall not exceed 25 percent of their lower flammability limit (LFL).
- Flammable gases released from batteries during fire, overcharging and other abnormal conditions shall not create an explosion hazard that will injure occupants or emergency responders.
Related Code Sections
1220.127.116.11 Energy Systems, Analysis Approval
The fire code official is authorized to approve the hazardous mitigation analysis provided that the hazard mitigation analysis demonstrates all ...
Fire Code 2018 of Colorado > 12 Energy Systems > 1206 Electrical Energy Storage Systems > 1206.2 Stationary Storage Battery Systems > 1206.2.3 Hazard Mitigation Analysis > 118.104.22.168 Analysis Approval
122.214.171.124 Energy Systems, Analysis Approval
The fire code official is authorized to approve the hazardous mitigation analysis provided that the consequences of the hazard mitigation analysis ...
Fire Code 2021 of Colorado > 12 Energy Systems > 1207 Electrical Energy Storage Systems (ESS) > 1207.1 General > 1207.1.4 Hazard Mitigation Analysis > 1126.96.36.199 Analysis Approval
188.8.131.52* Emergency Communications Systems (ECS),
The location and accessibility of the emergency command center shall be determined by the risk analysis and approved by the emergency management ...
National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code 2013 of Colorado > 24 Emergency Communications Systems (ECS) > 24.6* Information, Command, and Control > 24.6.1* Emergency Command Center for Emergency Communications Systems > 184.108.40.206*
27.5 Strength Evaluation of Existing Structures, Reduced Load Rating
load rating, based on the results of the load test or analysis, if approved by the building official ...
Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete of Colorado > 27 Strength Evaluation of Existing Structures > 27.5 Reduced Load Rating
R406.6.4 [RE] Residential Energy Efficiency, Specific Approval
Performance analysis tools meeting the applicable sections of Section R406 shall be approved . Documentation demonstrating the approval ...
Energy Conservation Code 2018 of Colorado > 4 [RE] Residential Energy Efficiency > R406 Energy Rating Index Compliance Alternative > R406.6 Documentation > R406.6.4 Specific Approval