// CODE SNIPPET
202.5.3 Alterations to Other Historic Buildings
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The element or space being altered shall comply with the applicable requirements of Chapter 2.
When alterations are made to a primary function area, the following accessible features shall be provided in the following order of priority up to a maximum cost of 20% of the total cost of alterations:
- An accessible entrance and an accessible means of egress intended for use by the general public.
- An accessible route between an accessible entrance and accessible means of egress and the primary function area being altered.
- At least one accessible toilet room for each sex if toilets are required in the facility by the Illinois Plumbing Code.
EXCEPTION. One accessible unisex toilet room may be provided in lieu of accessible toilet rooms for each sex if the accessible primary function area is less than 5,000 net square feet.
- Accessible parking spaces complying with 208 and 502, where parking is provided.
- An accessible route from a site arrival point or from the accessible parking spaces, if provided, to an accessible entrance.
Related Code Sections
202.5.3 Scoping Requirements, Alterations to Other Historic Buildings
If qualified historic buildings other than historically interpreted buildings covered in 202.5.2, which are owned by either a governmental unit ...
2018 Illinois Accessibility Code > 2 Scoping Requirements > 202 Existing Buildings and Facilities > 202.5 Alterations to Qualified Historic Buildings and Facilities > 202.5.3 Alterations to Other Historic Buildings
Section 1201 Historic Buildings, General
A historic building undergoing alteration or change of occupancy shall be investigated and evaluated. If ...
C501.6 [CE] Existing Buildings, Historic Buildings
not be mandatory for historic buildings provided that a report has been submitted to the code official and signed by a registered design ...
2018 Illinois Energy Conservation Code Standards for Privately Funded Commercial Facilities and Standards for Residential Buildings > 5 [CE] Existing Buildings > C501 General > C501.6 Historic Buildings
R501.6 [RE] Existing Buildings, Historic Buildings
not be mandatory for historic buildings provided that a report has been submitted to the code official and signed by the owner, a registered design ...
2018 Illinois Energy Conservation Code Standards for Privately Funded Commercial Facilities and Standards for Residential Buildings > 5 [RE] Existing Buildings > R501 General > R501.6 Historic Buildings
Section 202 Scoping Requirements, Existing Buildings and Facilities
shall not be required to comply with 202.3. Alterations to qualified historic buildings and facilities shall comply with 202.5 ...