- Airport traffic control cab.
- Electrical and mechanical equipment rooms.
- Airport terminal radar and electronics rooms.
- Office spaces incidental to the tower operation.
- Lounges for employees, including sanitary facilities.
Airport traffic control towers shall be constructed to comply with the height limitations of Table 418.104.22.168.
|TYPE OF CONSTRUCTION||
For SI: 1 foot = 304.8 mm, 1 square foot = 0.0929 m2.
- Height to be measured from grade plane to cab floor.
A fire command center shall be provided in airport traffic control towers where the control cab is located more than 75 feet (22 860 mm) above the lowest level of fire department vehicle access. The fire command center shall comply with Section 911.
- The fire command center shall be located in the airport control tower or an adjacent contiguous building where building functions are interdependent.
- The room shall be not less than 150 square feet (14 m2) in area with a minimum dimension of 10 feet (3048 mm).
- The following features shall not be required in an airport traffic control tower fire command center.
- Emergency voice/alarm control unit.
- Public address system.
- Status indicators and controls for the air distributions centers.
- Generator supervision devices, manual start and transfer features.
- Elevator emergency or standby power switches where emergency or standby power is provided.
Fire pumps shall be located in rooms that are separated from all other areas of the building by 2-hour fire barriers constructed in accordance with Section 707 or 2-hour horizontal assemblies constructed in accordance with Section 711, or both.
Exception: Separation is not required for fire pumps physically separated in accordance with NFPA 20.