// CODE SNIPPET
1313.5 Air Sources
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The medical air compressors shall draw their air from a source of clean air. [NFPA 99:184.108.40.206.3.11(A)]
If an air source equal to or better than outside air (e.g., air already filtered for use in operating room ventilating systems) is available, it shall be permitted to be used for the medical air compressors with the following provisions:
- This alternate source of supply air shall be available on a continuous 24 hours-per-day, 7 days-per-week basis.
- Ventilating systems having fans with motors or drive belts located in the airstream shall not be used as a source of medical air intake. [NFPA 99:220.127.116.11.3.11(E)]
Dental air sources for a compressor(s) shall meet the following requirements:
- If the intake is located inside the building, it shall be located within a space where no chemical-based materials are stored or used.
- If the intake is located inside the building, it shall be located in a space that is not used for patient medical treatment.
- If the intake is located inside the building, it shall not be taken from a room or space in which there is an open or semi-open discharge from a Category 3 vacuum system.
- If the intake is located outside the building, it shall be drawn from locations where no contamination from vacuum exhaust discharges or particulate matter is anticipated. [NFPA 99:18.104.22.168.1.5]
Related Code Sections
1313.5 Health Care Facilities and Medical Gas and Medical Vacuum Systems, Air Sources
Air sources for medical air compressors shall comply with Section 1313.5.1 or Section 1313.5.2 ...
2018 Uniform Plumbing Code of Nevada > 13 Health Care Facilities and Medical Gas and Medical Vacuum Systems > 1313.0 Medical Air Supply Systems > 1313.5 Air Sources
G22.214.171.124 Normative Appendix G Performance Rating Method, Heat Pumps (Systems 2 and 4)
Electric air-source heat pumps shall be modeled with electric auxiliary heat and an outdoor air thermostat. The systems shall be controlled ...
Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings 2016 of Nevada > Normative Appendix G Performance Rating Method > G3 Calculation of the Proposed Design and Baseline Building Performance > G3.1 Building Performance Calculations > G3.1.3 System-Specific Baseline HVAC System Requirements > G126.96.36.199 Heat Pumps (Systems 2 and 4)
(B) Special Equipment, Air-Conditioning and Heating Source
A separate branch circuit shall supply the air-conditioning and heating units on each elevator car. The overcurrent device protecting the branch ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of Nevada > 6 Special Equipment > 620 Elevators, Dumbwaiters, Escalators, Moving Walks, Platform Lifts, and Stairway Chairlifts > 620.22 Branch Circuits for Car Lighting, Receptacle(s), Ventilation, Heating, and Air-Conditioning > (B) Air-Conditioning and Heating Source
188.8.131.52.1 Systems Acceptance,
be addressed if the system loses more than 3 psi (0.2 bar) during this test. With the system at normal system air pressure, the air source shall ...
Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems 2016 of Nevada > 25 Systems Acceptance > 25.2 Acceptance Requirements > 25.2.2 Dry Pipe and Double Interlock Preaction System(s) Air Test > 184.108.40.206 > 220.127.116.11.1
1313.2 Health Care Facilities and Medical Gas and Medical Vacuum Systems, Medical Air Compressors
intake and the medical air source valve that are of any design or construction appropriate for the service as determined by the manufacturer. [NFPA 99 ...
2018 Uniform Plumbing Code of Nevada > 13 Health Care Facilities and Medical Gas and Medical Vacuum Systems > 1313.0 Medical Air Supply Systems > 1313.2 Medical Air Compressors