N1220.127.116.11 (R402.4.1.2) Air Sealing
The building or dwelling unit shall be tested for air leakage. Testing shall be conducted with a blower door at a pressure of 0.2 inches w.g. (50 Pa). Where required by the building official, testing shall be conducted by an approved third party. A written report of the results of the test shall be signed by the party conducting the test and provided to the building official. Testing shall be performed at any time after creation of all penetrations of the building thermal envelope.
- Exterior windows and doors and fireplace and stove doors shall be closed, but not sealed beyond the intended weatherstripping or other infiltration control measures;
- Dampers, including exhaust, intake, makeup air, backdraft, and flue dampers shall be closed, but not sealed beyond intended infiltration control measures;
- Interior doors, if installed at the time of the test, shall be open;
- Exterior doors for continuous ventilation systems and heat recovery ventilators shall be closed and sealed;
- Heating and cooling systems, if installed at the time of the test, shall be turned off; and
- Supply and return registers, if installed at the time of the test, shall be fully open.