// CODE SNIPPET
506.3 Access to Citywide Standard Keys
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
It shall be unlawful to possess a citywide standard key except for persons authorized to possess such key in connection with the following purposes:
- Owners of buildings equipped with firefighter service elevators, or their authorized representatives, including FLS directors and FEP coordinators.
- Elevator contractors.
- Elevator inspectors of the Department of Buildings.
- Persons authorized to conduct testing and other maintenance or servicing of fire alarm systems.
- Authorized department personnel.
- New York City police officers and other approved law enforcement personnel.
- Building owners required to have key boxes, locked boxes or locked gates or barriers pursuant to this code, or their authorized representatives.
- Building owners with locked gates and barriers that block required fire department and fire apparatus access.
- Locksmiths or other authorized key suppliers when in connection with their lawful business operations.
Related Code Sections
Reference Standard 18 Elevators and Conveyors [PDF] (page 12)
elevator in the group.] The citywide standard key shall be designed in accordance with the requirements of the Fire Department and shall be obtained only ...
Cover [PDF] (page 1)
Plus Reference Standards and Selected Rules and Regulations of the Department of Buildings Local Law No. 76 Effective December 6, 1968 Includes ...
§27-996.1 Elevators and Conveyors, Locks on Elevators and Elevator Hoistway Doors
used exclusively for freight, that shall prevent opening of such doors by anyone not having a key, unless fire department access to cars and hoistways ...
NYC 1968 Code (Vol I) > 18 Elevators and Conveyors > 2 Existing Installations > §27-996 Existing Hand Powered Freight Elevators > §27-996.1 Locks on Elevators and Elevator Hoistway Doors
905.3.1 Fire Protection Systems, Applicability
citywide standard key. The cabinet shall be labeled, "FOR FIRE DEPARTMENT USE ONLY." A metal sign stating clearly where the storage cabinet ...
NYC Building Code 2014 > 9 Fire Protection Systems > 905 Standpipe Systems > 905.3 Required Installations > 905.3.1 Applicability
§28-216.8.1 Enforcement, Work by the Department
such labor and assistance and furnish such materials as may be necessary for that purpose. The commissioner shall direct the commissioner of citywide ...
NYC General Admin. Provisions 2022 > 2 Enforcement > 216 Unsafe Buildings > §28-216.8 Execution of Precept > §28-216.8.1 Work by the Department