604.3.1 Abatement of Electrical Hazards Associated With Water Exposure
Electrical distribution equipment, motor circuits, power equipment, transformers, wire, cable, flexible cords, wiring devices, ground fault circuit interrupters, surge protectors, molded case circuit breakers, low-voltage fuses, luminaires, ballasts, motors and electronic control, signaling and communication equipment that have been exposed to water shall be replaced in accordance with the provisions of the Building Code of New York State.
Exception: The following equipment shall be allowed to be repaired where an inspection report from the equipment manufacturer or approved manufacturer's representative indicates that the equipment has not sustained damage that requires replacement:
- Enclosed switches, rated not more than 600 volts or less.
- Busway, rated not more than 600 volts.
- Panelboards, rated not more than 600 volts.
- Switchboards, rated not more than 600 volts.
- Fire pump controllers, rated not more than 600 volts.
- Manual and magnetic motor controllers.
- Motor control centers.
- Alternating current high-voltage circuit breakers.
- Low-voltage power circuit breakers.
- Protective relays, meters and current transformers.
- Low- and medium-voltage switchgear.
- Liquid-filled transformers.
- Cast-resin transformers.
- Wire or cable that is suitable for wet locations and whose ends have not been exposed to water.
- Wire or cable, not containing fillers, that is suitable for wet locations and whose ends have not been exposed to water.
- Luminaires that are listed as submersible.
- Electronic control, signaling and communication equipment.