// CODE SNIPPET
5704.2.13 Abandonment and Status of Tanks
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- Flammable or combustible liquids shall be removed from the tank.
- All piping, including fill line, gauge opening, vapor return and pump connection, shall be capped or plugged and secured from tampering.
- Vent lines shall remain open and be maintained in accordance with Sections 5704.2.7.3 and 5704.2.7.4.
Tanks abandoned in place shall be as follows:
- Flammable and combustible liquids shall be removed from the tank and connected piping.
- The suction, inlet, gauge, vapor return and vapor lines shall be disconnected.
- The tank shall be filled completely with an approved inert solid material.
- Remaining underground piping shall be capped or plugged.
- A record of tank size, location and date of abandonment shall be retained.
- All exterior above-grade fill piping shall be permanently removed when tanks are abandoned or removed.