How to apply
You will be an early engineer at UpCodes, working on our web product and owning whole features.
You'll have to be willing to get your hands dirty with (and learn) everything across the stack: API design,frontend, backend, data engineering, algorithms, startup engineering, analytics, bug reporting, etc.
The ideal candidate
- Passionate about solving a real-world problem
- 2+ years of web app experience
- Strong sense of UX
- Ability to keep code simple and readable even with a complex problem
- Able to work in an unstructured environment
- Create an internal tool which allows contractors to write "formulas" for when a section is relevant to users which will help users find relevant sections
- Add users' bookmarked sections into a blueprint PDF (so have some kind of UI for them specifying the allowable in the PDF or detect automatically)
- Create a rap genius style annotations on the text sections
- For links to other sections, create a preview modal that pops up similar to Wikipedia's previews (described here)
We are seeking an energetic, talented, and detail-oriented Operations Manager to help scale UpCodes. This role will involve wearing many hats to support the company. As a generalist, you will be involved in areas such as customer relations/success, product development, finance, recruiting, and HR. You will be at the core of our operations team; examples of your key functions will be:
- Supervising 3rd-party finance and accounting teams
- Overseeing customer billing
- Handling customer support requests
- Evaluating new software solutions
- Managing health insurance plans
- Creating support pages
- Ordering snacks and office supplies
- Writing email copy
The ideal candidate
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Prior experience with one or more of the following: operations, early-stage startups, management consulting
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented person (meticulous), attention to detail is something that comes naturally to you. This is a critical skill for this role.
- Effective communicator, especially in writing.
- Utterly unafraid of responsibility and operating in an unstructured environment. Ability to independently execute important projects is a must.
- Hustles. No ask should be too small or too big, we are looking for someone who understands that small tasks have a huge impact.
UpCodes is looking for a part-time Associate Product Manager to help drive product discovery and requirements for tools that make building code compliance more efficient. In this role, you’ll be able to use your domain expertise and product instincts to take ideas from concept to shipped features that help thousands of architects and engineers.
This role is perfect for those with a background in architecture or construction who are seeking the experience and training to make a transition to tech product management. While intended to be part-time (with flexible weekly hours), the successful applicant will have the opportunity to shape numerous impactful features and receive real coaching / training in product management. As we’re a small, growing company you’ll get to learn about and impact all parts of product development and operations.
If you are entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and interested in leveraging your background with building codes in a new role, you’ll be a great fit.
- Ideate improvements from small tweaks to large new platform features
- Perform building code-related and user research to drive product requirements
- Wireframe features to aid with user research and development planning
- Assist with writing product briefs, market analyses, and other product management artifacts
- Ensure that shipped products meet the highest standards for accuracy and user experience
- Work 10-20 hours a week on a flexible schedule (remote or in-person). Initially this role will be structured as a monthly contract
- 1+ year of experience with using, reviewing, or interpreting codes as an architect, engineer, code consultant, or plan reviewer
- Strong product instincts (although not necessarily experience), with ability to anticipate user behavior and balance inherent product tradeoffs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment while in a part-time role with competing demands on time
- Comfortable with technical concepts, with an interest in learning more
- Excellent written communication skills
- Self-starter with high level of drive and ability to structure and direct own work